The following rules will be interpreted by the tournament director and/or committee and all decisions are final.
• ELIGIBILITY. At least ONE member of the team must be 18 years of age or older to operate the boat. NO age limit on partner. Entry fee will be accepted or rejected at the discretion of the tournament director and/or committee.
• ENTRY FEES. $200 per boat. See applicable entry schedule in the brochure. If check is returned from bank for any reason, entrants will be charged $25.00, no refund. If a returned check is not made good within 10 days notice, that contestant will be banned from all future events.
• DEPARTURE & RETURN. This is a trailering event, so you may put in at any ramp accessible by water from the host ramp. You are allowed to put in one time. Once you load your boat, you cannot put in again. You can trailer your boat and go to the weigh-in, or you can go by water. Either way, you must be checked in by your stop time.
• SCORING. Four (4) fish limit, 14 inch minimum length. Bass measurement; mouth closed anyway to get tail to hit mark. Only largemouth, spotted and smallmouth bass will be counted. Total stringer weight per team will determine place. Any bass not within legal limits will cause two pounds to be subtracted from total weight per team plus loss of short fish. Any frozen or iced fish presented for weigh-in will result in immediate disqualification. Any dead fish will be weighed at discretion of officials. 1/2 pound will be deducted from live weight for each dead fish. Ruling will be final. All fish must be caught during the day of the tournament, 4 fish per team measured on flat board.
• TACKLE & EQUIPMENT. Only artificial bait or lures may be used. Pork-style baits are allowed. No trolling, must be caught on rod and reel.
• PERMITTED FISHING LOCATION. Anywhere on the tournament lake except 50 yards of any contestant’s anchored boat. Fishing from boat only. Cannot leave boat in order to enter shallow areas.
• BOATS & MOTORS. Any safe boat 10 feet or longer if powered by an engine 10 horsepower or more. There are no maximum horsepower restrictions. Any brand of boat may be used in tournament.
• SAFETY & SPORTSMANSHIP. Safe boating and fishing practices must be observed at all times. Life jackets must be worn when boat is on plane.
• MONEY TIES. In case of tie, the winner will be the team with the most fish. If both teams have the same number of fish, the team with the biggest fish will be the winner. If a tie still exists, the two or more positions will be added together, divided by the number of ties with the amount of payback awarded equally.
• TRUTH DETECTOR (POLYGRAPH) TEST. The test will be given. By signature on entry form and/or participation, contestants agree to a polygraph test by a qualified examiner. Refusal to submit will result in immediate disqualification.
• PROTEST. Any protest must be in writing and filed with the tournament officials within 15 minutes of conclusion of weigh-in.
• NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES may be in your possession during tournament, immediate disqualification applies.
• TOURNAMENT PROCEDURES. You must come to Check-in/Registration whether you have pre-registered or not. Entries will be received by U.S. mail, but must be received no later than Wednesday before the tournament. Entries also will be taken at the Check-In/Registration from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. You will be given an official flight number with start time to fish and weigh-in time. Once contestants boat is loaded, contestants competition day is over (unless otherwise directed by tournament director). Once your fish are weighed, make sure your weight is correct on the official weigh-in form. Take your copy.
• THERE IS NO DEAD WATER TIME.
• LATE PENALTY. If you check in after your check-in time, you are late and will be disqualified. Example: If your check-in time is 3:00 p.m. and you check in one (1) second after 3 p.m., you are considered late. NO EXCUSES OR EXCEPTIONS.
• FISHING ALONE. Contestants may elect to fish without a partner and pay full entry fee.
• OPEN EVENT. Open to any angler that is eligible.
• CULLING FISH. No team may have more than four (4) fish in the live well at any time, must cull immediately.